Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Beauty starts at 40

Paolo Maldini is in his late 30s and is doing AC Milan great service, as he has been for all of 21 years. But that shouldn't concern us or this article.
Last week something strange happened. Two of my slippers lost control of themselves and had it not been for my fortitude in my mid-twenties, I would have had a different hair colour by now. On second thoughts, that would have been better but that is not the point. My slippers did give way, one after the other, and I didn't fall, at least not literally, for I fell for temptation, figuratively, a few minutes later.
If my errand was to find Abbas Kiarostami's and Akira Kurosawa's landmark movies, I failed. But I did find Imran Khalid's Sanyasi Mera Naam, and as a vernac Malayalee hero would say, "Jest fur 40 rubies." And the following is its story:
I have seen many a neo-perpendicular movie starring Mithun and have learnt a lot from it; in fact some in the top-most levels of American intelligence say he and his films were the sole reasons for me getting an engineering degree. I have no idea who they are. But, as Harrison Ford would say, it isn't a big but, I know for sure that this was different. Here, the auteurs have taken carnal-education to an entirely - hitherto-unseen - place. Yes, India's population is a little on the higher side and that you-know-what disease is killing more here than anywhere else, but even those champions who called for children to be made aware of themselves would be stunned by this interpretation. I mean, just how could anyone be so smart? I mean, its like, NASA missed out on these guys, you know, almost as if they forgot to interview in their campus or something. Shucks, fire the HR of NASA, I'd say. Crikey! Such ineptitude. Actually, I won't be telling you what that smartazz idea was. That way you can pick up your own copy of the epoch-maker for "jest 40 rubies."
About the story, in the end Mithun beats up the bad guys. What I ill reveal is the starting lyrics of a rumbustious love-intro song. It goes thus:
Aashiq hai ladke, Aashiq hai Ladke,
UP Bihar ke, Chaar Chaar ke...(repeat as many times as you want)
All this for "jest 40 rubies."

No comments: